Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Free Mini Basket Crochet Pattern


Materials:

Small amount worsted weight yarn
Size H crochet hook
Size: 2 1/2" in diameter x 1 3/4" high (without handle)

Gauge: 2 rnds dc=1"

Rnd 1: Ch 4, join w sl st in 1st ch to form ring, ch 3, 11 dc in ring, join w sl st in top of ch 3 (12 dc).

Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in same dc, 2 dc in next dc and in each dc around, join as before (24 dc).

Rnd 3: (Work this round in back loops only), ch 3, dc in each dc around, join as before (24 dc).

Rnd 4: Working in both loops again, ch 3, dc in each dc around, join as before (24 dc).

Rnd 5: Ch 1, sc in same dc, sk next dc, 5 dc in next dc, * sk next dc, sc in next dc, sk next dc, 5 dc in next dc, rep from * around, sk last dc, join w sl st in 1st sc, fasten off (6 sc plus 6 shells).

Handle: Ch 22, fasten off. Sew handle to sides of basket as shown (at sc's between shells).

Weave in ends. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I thought I had already commented on this but do not see it. What I like is that it is a perfect size for a few jelly beans, a Hershey's Miniature, and a marshmallow bunny. AND, it is SO easy to do. I can see myself also doing these during the year in appropriate colors for other holidays. They's make great "favor" baskets, too.

    I am blogging about your website tonight. I'll come back and leave the link.
    Hugs and prayers
    Evie
    http://prayersncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I did blog about your site. I just had to share it. I also posted the photo of your little basket - I meant to ask first, but I hope you do not mind. I gave full credit for coming from your site, and I linked to your site.
    Here's the post:
    http://prayersncrafts.blogspot.com/2010/03/craft-sites-i-love-crochet-it.html

    Hugs and prayers
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came here from Evie's site.
    This basket looks so cute, nice color too!
    Thank You for the pattern, i am going to bookmark it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like it, everyone !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I am the owner of crochetpatternbonanza(.)com, a free crochet pattern directory. Just wanted to let you know that I’m updating my website and wanted to make sure that I have your permission to use your images for linking back to your free crochet patterns and/or tutorials.

    You can find more information on this page: http://crochetpatternbonanza.com/submit-your-links.html

    Thank you so much for your time and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
    Rhelena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi !
    what a sweet little basket, I have just made one in yellow, very nice for some candy, I think.
    huggs from Jensen (denmark)

    ReplyDelete